Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grant: Week 2

Week 2:

March 7-March 13 

Stats:
We had another check-up on Friday to check his jaundice levels and he was 9.10 lbs. Almost back to his birth weight!

Milestones:

Still lifting his head like a pro, not too much control, but he's strong. He recognizes my voice when I enter the room and if he's crying he calms down when he hears me. 




Feeding:
Every 2 hours, how long he feeds still depends on how tired he is. It can be anywhere from 15-30 on each side. I've noticed he cluster feeds more in the evenings. Thank goodness for pumping, I'm able to get a little bit of sleep when Mark takes a night time feeding.

Sleep:
Definitely not one of our strong points. My mom left Saturday and I definitely cried when she left. Marks' work hours are so crazy that since Monday it's just been me and G. The lack of sleep is def beginning to wear.


Behavior:
Still easy-going as long as he is changed and fed. Still hates diaper changes though and I dread them, it doesn't take much to calm him down though.

Clothes:
Still in 0-3 month clothes and able to fit in the newborn outfits from Target and size 1 diapers.


Favorite Moments:
Snuggling his sweet baby-smelling self. 


Most Challenging:
Still sleep, but we'll get there slowly but surely. He still has upset tummy issues every once in awhile, but very rarely. I know it's just his new digestive system adapting.


Looking Forward To:
Longer stretches of sleep and feeling comfortable enough to get out on our own.



Firsts:
His first bath was Saturday before Kaylee and Jared came over to take newborn pictures! His umbilical cord fell off Thursday and his circumcision cover fell off Friday night.


Week 3 coming *hopefully* tomorrow! Along with week 4 which has the possibility of being on time. I'm also still working on the birth story.

1 comment:

  1. oh yay!! somehow I missed the first update but I am caught up now! you are a champ for doing these ... i did't get started until week 4 but I really wish I would have gotten the first 3 done. You are doing an awesome job with him girl. I know the long nights are HARD... if you ever need to vent or someone to talk to let me know! I know everyone says this but it will get better :) I think for us everything started getting much better around week 4! yay! almost there hehe :) ps cant wait to read all about him! love pic number 2! pps rg had jaundice too... are his numbers better? we had to use a blanket at home and get her pricked like 4 days in a row. broke.my.heart.

    ReplyDelete