Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

32 Weeks

I feel like I grew overnight from Saturday to Sunday. And I am sooo sad to say that a few ugly stretch marks are beginning to rear their ugly heads. Can we say surgery in the future?! Anyways, everything has been smooth sailing. I had a doctor's appointment this past Tuesday and Doc said we were right on track. I seem to think that we are ahead of the track, but I digress... We will have our last ultrasound the 31st of this month to check his growth. It feels like he is already out of room, but we have about 8 weeks to go. Although, I would be happy if he arrived March 1st. :o) I just want a March baby, it doesn't have to be the 11th ;o)


How far along? 32 Weeks!  
(January 15 to January 21)
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a Honeydew Melon!
Estimated 19 in., 4.5 lbs.


Here is what we have been up to this week:

Weight Gain: 45 pounds, since we're being honest. Really though, my clothes are still fitting the same.

Maternity Clothes : Of course, also hubs' t-shirts :o)

Sleep: Struggling. I wake up on average 3-4 times every night. It's a chore getting out of bed and getting back into bed. Since I am limited to sleeping on my side I have to switch sides often because my legs and hips go numb. I have to say that the number one thing I miss is sleeping on my stomach.

Best Moment of this week: getting closer to having the nursery finished, our baby shower and I have to add last weeks, we finally saw you in 3d and you were soooo active and are (b)adorable, of course. I could watch the video and look at pictures of you all day long. We cannot wait to see what you actually look like.

Movement: All the time. You sleep a little more these days, but when you are awake, boy, there is no mistaking you. Your legs love to spend most of their time in my ribs, pretty sure they're going to have bruises by the time we are said and done. You don't kick so much anymore, they feel more like shoves, which leads me to believe that you are running out of room.

Food cravings:  Nothing in particular. Just when I want it, I need it NOW.

What I miss: Being able to take a deep breath. It feels like I am constantly gasping for air. Along with that comes, being able to put of my shoes and bending over, etc.


Symptoms: Shortness of breath, round ligament pain, and a few stretch marks :o(

Gender: Still all boy!

What I'm looking forward to: Maternity pics in Austin this weekend and getting away one last time with the hubs.


 Baby bump: 

And a couple of 3D pics, these were taken at 31 weeks:


___________________________________________________

Your Baby in Week 32 of Pregnancy

What's up with your baby? She's starting to get ready for her big debut, tipping the scales at almost four pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches. In these past few weeks, it's all about practice, practice, practice as she hones the skills she'll need to thrive outside the womb — from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking. And speaking of sucking, your little one has been able to suck her thumb for a while now. Something else to note: As more and more fat accumulates under your baby's skin, she's becoming less transparent and more opaque.

Your Body in Week 32 of Pregnancy

This week, your body may start prepping for delivery day by flexing its muscles — literally. If you feel your uterus bunching or hardening periodically, those are practice contractions, otherwise known as Braxton Hicks. These rehearsals (typically experienced earlier and with more intensity in women who've been pregnant before) feel like a tightening sensation that begins at the top of your uterus and then spreads downward, lasting from 15 to 30 seconds (though they can sometimes last two minutes or more). How do you know these contractions aren’t the real thing? They’ll stop if you change position (try getting up if you’re lying down or walking if you’ve been sitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment