Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Introducing... Weekly Baby Updates! Week 24

So I realize I am a little in behind in starting these, but better late than never right?

Sundays are the days of the week when I start a new week of pregnancy. Today baby turned 24 weeks. Only 16 more to go!


How far along? 24Weeks!  6 months!!
(November 20 to November 26)

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an eggplant!




Here is what we have been up to this week:

Weight Gain: no clue... I have gained 22 so far, I go back to the doctor this Wednesday. I'm afraid of what the scale is going to show.

Maternity Clothes : Just jeans and larger shirts.

Sleep: It hasn't been horrible. I am a stomach sleeper so that's been a challenge. I have been sleeping with a body pillow for about a month, it just takes a little while to get comfortable.

Best Moment of this week: Daddy feeling you for the first time :o)

Movement: You've been making your presence known with me for a couple of weeks now, but your daddy got to feel you for the first time Thursday night! He finally stayed awake long enough after getting off of work. I love laying in bed at night, right before falling asleep and waiting for you to wake up. It's like you have figured out my schedule and know when to wake up.
 
Food cravings:  It has been cheese enchiladas, lately though nothing in particular. When I get hungry, I better eat fast, or else Mommy gets sick.

What I miss: Not being out of breath after walking up stairs (my classroom is on the 2nd floor).


Symptoms: shortness of breath and lower back aches at the end of the day :o(

Gender: Bouncing baby boy!

What I'm looking forward to: having the nursery finished. Daddy worked all weekend taping and painting. Next is the wood floors! I cannot wait to rip out the carpet!

 Baby bump: 
This picture was taken last Monday. I was 23 weeks, 1 day. I'll take another tomorrow, I have already had my shower and I'm ready for bed. 


___________________________________________________

The Baby in Week 24: 
Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of his are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.

Your Body in Week 24:
If your former innie is now an outie, welcome to the club. Almost every expectant mom's pregnant belly button pops at some point as her swelling uterus pushes on everything in its path. Things should return to normal after delivery, though your navel (and some other parts of your body) might look a bit, well, stretched. Just think of it as one more badge of honor that only moms get to wear. (mom doesnt think mine will pop- only flatten out which it is well on its way) ha! What other pregnancy woe is pushing your buttons? Well, probably your uncomfortably numb wrists and fingers, thanks to carpal tunnel syndrome. (Don’t worry — the sensations will disappear when you give birth.) yes, this happens some, though not often.

On a very exciting note... One of my favorite couples got engaged this weekend! Congrats guys! We (and baby) love ya'll so much! :o)
Go here to visit her wonderful blog! Let the wedding planning begin!

1 comment:

  1. so exciting. super happy I found your blog. totally following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete